Hot and Cold Re-Piping
You rely on hot and cold water for a variety of different tasks around the house, including cooking, cleaning, and bathing. Unfortunately, your water supply pipes will eventually break down. Worn out hot and cold water supply pipes can affect the quality of your water and cause hidden leaks, which, in turn, can lead to major water damage. If you’re experiencing problems with water quality, water pressure, or just suspect your plumbing pipes are old and worn out, contact Cupertino Plumbing. Our San Jose plumbers will perform an evaluation of your water supply pipes and determine whether you need a re-piping.
Signs You Need New Pipes
Concern about your piping is a valid one since all pipes will decay and corrode over time. To avoid serious water damage resulting from a burst pipe, contact Cupertino Plumbing to replace your home’s plumbing if you recognize any of the following signs.
- Your home’s supply pipes are more than 70 years old
- You have lead piping (lead is toxic and harmful if consumed)
- Exposed pipes show signs of corrosion, which include rust stains, flaking, and dimpling
- Low water pressure, especially when using multiple faucets or appliances
- Your water has a foul odor, metallic taste, or looks brown or yellow coming out of the faucet
Galvanized and polybutylene piping are common among older homes in the Bay Area. Unfortunately, these pipes are notorious for cracking, corroding, and springing leaks over time. Cupertino Plumbing offers two options for homeowners in need of re-piping:
- Copper Piping – Galvanized metal pipes are commonly replaced with copper. Copper piping resists corrosion and is inhospitable to bacterial growth, making it a healthy choice for your hot and cold water supply lines. Copper is also an excellent insulator, which means copper re-piping will improve the delivery of hot and cold water to the fixtures.
- PEX Piping – PEX (cross-linked polyethylene) is a synthetic pipe material that has several advantages over traditional plastic piping. PEX is unaffected by acidic water, which can corrode plastic and galvanized piping over time. Half-inch PEX tubing also costs about a third the price of copper, so you can expect significant savings on your home re-piping service if you go with PEX piping.
Why Cupertino Plumbing?
If you’re concerned at all about the quality of your hot and cold water supply pipes, contact Cupertino Plumbing. Our highly-qualified plumbers will perform an honest and thorough evaluation of your home’s plumbing and tell you whether re-piping is a good option. If your home does require re-piping, our plumbers only use the highest quality re-piping material like USA-made L copper, which comes with a 50-year warranty from the manufacturer. To schedule a re-piping evaluation or any other plumbing services in the Cupertino area, call us.